Stock Screening Software and Stock Charting Software
Few stock screeners can match the flexibility and speed of Chartsmart. It installs directly on your PC so screening from our database of over 15,000 Canadian and U.S. securities is incredibly fast. Added privacy is gained by having it on your PC as well. Daily end-of-day data updates are available at about 4:20 Pacific and take only seconds. Use our preset screens, or create your own custom screens by combining hundreds of fundamental and technical screening criteria. For example, screen out cash rich stocks that exhibit growing dividends and revenue. At the same time specify that they are at year lows, and breaking into uptrends. Once your desired list is created, scroll through the charts and save the ones you like into your personal watch lists. You can even create your own formulas for screens. For example, you could specify that your screen only selects stocks that have more cash per share than their current trading price. Easily combine fundamental screens with technical screens such as moving average crossovers, bollinger band breakouts, and MACD crossovers. Chartsmart excels as a screener for Canadian Juniors, but it is equally powerful for screening through blue chips stocks. It is an investment research tool tailored to the needs of serious investors and researchers.
We want you to have the opportunity to try Chartsmart with no strings attached and no obligation. Therefore we do not require your email or any credit card information. Start your 30 day free trial and download Chartsmart now.
A) Watch this video on
screening dividends and EPS.
B) You can also watch our detailed introductory video (41.15 minutes).
C) Watch this video with stock screening examples (8.25 minutes).
D) View this recent 2020 review done on Chartsmart by Warrior Trading.
There are many free sites on the web to view stock charts and do stock screens. Chartsmart is faster and more flexible, but going further, it ultimately becomes your stock organizer. As you scroll through charts that you have screened, you can quickly place them in your watch lists. You can then run further screens on your lists, compare them to eachother, or simply scroll through the charts and make notes on them each day. It is difficult to describe how much flexibility Chartsmart gives you when managing your lists and portfolios.
With Chartsmart you can virtually print your own chartbook containing the stocks in your watch lists. Click here to see how you can batch print stock charts, 4 per page from your filtered list. Click here to see how you can print pages with a stock chart and its fundamentals. Print all the stocks in your filtered list to pdfs thereby creating your own stock chartbook with Chartsmart! With 160 companies in your filtered list, you could print them with all your custom indicators, to pdfs with 4 charts per page.
Chartsmart has a sophisticated stock backtesting system which allows you to backtest your stock screens. For example, select 7 of your favorite technical stock screens (e.g. MACD crossovers, candlestick patterns, etc.), and compare their performance for each day over any 10 day period. You can look for the stock screens that give the highest rate of return over the period, or any day in the period. This feature is possible because we keep the daily backtest files that hold the screening data. This is an example video that discusses how backtesting is done with Chartsmart, though the selected stock screens used are quite random and much better screens can be determined with some effort by the user.
Here are some more features you will find in Chartsmart!
- Runs under all versions of Windows but not on a MAC Operating System.
- Includes NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX, TSX, TSX VENTURE, and CSE (Canadian Stock Exchange to come)
- Customize your own screening formulas by selecting from 100's of variables. You can even create your own custom candlestick screens
- Screen any combination of 150 industry groups.
- Screen for stocks with stock splits/new listings and more. For Canadian Stocks screen out for when private placements and options to insiders are done.
- Includes bar charts, candlestick charts in arithmetic or semi-log.
- Plots fundamentals like revenue, cash, dividends, p/e, and eps right on the charts. This unique feature enables you to see the change in price on the chart relative to earnings and revenue growth.
- Create unlimited portfolios and watch lists.
- Filter Arrow Alerts - red sell signal arrows and green buy signal arrows when various indicators occur such as MACD crossovers.
- Export your end-of-day daily and historical stock data to popular file formats.
- Draw trendlines on 100 charts that you may be watching. Then run a screen on them to determine which ones have crossed the trendlines. To screen on trendline breakouts is a unique feature found in no other software we are aware of.
- We include prepared lists you can screen. A few examples are US ETFS, CDN ETFS, or constituents of various Canadian and US INDEX groups. Screen stocks in these custom lists and then do further screens on them, customizing your screen to your needs.
- Once you have created your own custom lists of say 175 stocks that you are watching, you can use that list as a template on which to do other screens. For example you could specify the ones in your List that are near year lows. This might be 23 stocks which you can save in a new List.
- If you have multiple lists for example A with 240 stocks and B with 480 stocks, and list C with 111 stocks, combine them and create a list of only stocks common to them, or create a new list that contains stocks found in all the lists.
- Chartsmart has over 50 premade candlestick screens that you can apply.
- Some stock screeners will allow you to screen for RSI over 70, but how about over time? Chartsmart enables you to screen, not just on the value of an indicator, but also on its rate of change. For example, specify that the 14 day RSI is currently over 80 but 5 days ago it was under 50, and 10 days ago it was under 30. This feature uses our daily backtesting stock screening files and is another unique feature to Chartsmart.
- Create your own candlestick pattern screens. You could specify, for example, that todays high is within 5% of yesterdays low, and yesterdays close is no more than 20% from the low of the range between the high and low of the previous day.